Chicken and Sausage Rice Bake
An easy-to-prepare rice-based dinner featuring chicken and sausage. One of our favorites! It is quick to put together and then requires 45 minutes to bake in the oven.
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1lb of boneless and skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 large Andouille sausages
- 1 - 7¾ oz. El Pato Hot Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 - 4oz. can of mild diced green chiles
- 1 cup of rice
- 1¼ water
- 2 oz. crumbled Cotija cheese
Preheat oven to 350°
Dice the onion and jalapeno pepper.
Dice chicken and sausage into bite sized pieces.
Combine onion, jalapeno pepper, green chiles, chicken, sausage, minced garlic, rice, and water in a Cast Iron 6 Qt. Round Dutch Oven Casserole.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked and fully absorbed all of the water. Top with crumbled Cotija cheese.